Top Irrigation Systems in Johannesburg
Although irrigation is an artificial way of supplying crops and plants with water it can still be eco-friendly. Irrigation can and helps improve your crop yield. There are many types of Irrigation systems and these include:
- Surface irrigation: this is the spread of water to help your plants with the use of gravity instead of a water pump.
- Localized irrigation is where each plant or crop each gets its water supply which is done by different pipes which has water under low pressure.
- Sprinkler irrigation: this process is whereby a sprinkler is used at an overhead at a central location to supply water to plants or crops.
- Drip Irrigation: This is where tiny droplets of water are placed near the roots of crops and planets however this requires a lot of maintenance.
- Centre Pivot Irrigation: here your sprinklers move in a circle allowing a stable amount of water for each plant or crop.
- Manual irrigation is the most labor requiring irrigation system as the human controls how much water each plant or crop receives.
Is a sprinkler system better to have instead of using a hosepipe?
When is a drip irrigation needed?
There are two methods of irrigation; these include traditional irrigation as well as modern Irrigation in Johannesburg. Traditional methods are where the farmer does all the work where he extracts water from boreholes, wells, or canals and carries the water to his crops with the help of cattle. The pro of using this method is that it is extremely cheap however the con is that this is labor-intensive and can be very time-consuming.
Why is it important to have a controlled irrigation system?
Modern irrigation involves that which has been mentioned about, sprinkler irrigation which is whereby water is sprinkled over your crops from either high over the head or just about the head height of your crops and plants. The second modern method is the drip system, the drip system uses less water where each root is supplied directly with water droplet by droplet.
Sprinkler irrigation installation in Johannesburg
Irrigation Johannesburg can assist with the following irrigation systems
rainbird irrigation controllers, water sprinkler that is best suited for your ground and we supply the top hunter sprinklers.
Why is Irrigation Johannesburg useful?
- In times of drought, the irrigation system can be used to secure the water supply to your crops to ensure your seasonal crops are produced.
- With irrigation systems, there is less chance for drought and each plant or crop receives the water it requires which means that there is more produce produced.
- Irrigation helps when you farm in an uncertain climate, as with irrigation water is always promised.
- Irrigation helps rejuvenate the land to ensure your soil is rich and nutritious.
Irrigation Johannesburg offers many other services. Here are some of the services we offer:
Borehole Repairs, Landscaping, Pool Pumps, Borehole Pumps, and water pumps
For more information please visit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irrigation